Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Recipes

Most of you know, that the cook in my family has always been my grandma, not my mother:) Whenever I need to know how to do something I email or call my grandma and ask her for the recipes. For Christmas last year she gave us all a cookbook with all of her recipes in it. When we got home from the orchard I was making an apple and peach pie and realized I did not have either one of those recipes in my book.....PANIC!!! I had to use the one out of Better Homes and Gardens, it did not even compare. She emailed them to me the next morning so I could continue to make more pies. Many thoughts were going through my head when I had no backup to call. I am so glad she made the cookbooks for us and I am frantically trying to think of any that she has not put in there so I will always have them when she is not around to help me! Lord knows my mom will have no clue!!!!!
Moral of the story.......get any family recipes on paper!!!!

No comments: