Sunday, December 6, 2009

Meet Lucy and Clifford

Yes this time its for real. We have 2 new additions to our family.....2 Golden Retrievers. Yes I am crazy but these are the sweetest most calm dogs I have ever met.
Chip was at work and someone came in and said do want a Golden? A friend of a friend of a friend found 2 that were apparently dumped and running in a busy intersection. She got out and got them and they had no tags on. She went door to door in the neighborhood, Called numerous vets etc and has had them a week. She already had 2 big dogs and could not keep them. She called around to numerous no kill shelters and they were full. She finally had an opening for them this week.....Chip called me I said NOOOOOO WAYYYYYY. Not one and let alone not 2! We went to look Saturday and well I fell in love. They are so calm, friendly and quiet. They are probably about a year and a half and potty trained! They almost seem that they were abused in some way. They were probably liter mates so we felt bad splitting them up. I will say that Clifford did have to mark his territory, he walked in and went right up to my Christmas tree and lifted his leg and peed all over my gifts! It only got 3 of them so I had to unwrap them, but hopefully he has gotten that out of his system! The kids are so excited and Belle and Tina actually have taken to them as well. So now we really have a house full and I am sure Chip is thinking that with the 2 new additions I will not want another baby:) And yes you can call me crazy, but I did have a moment of weakness and I think at this point it was a great decision......remind me of this when I change my mind later. Merry Christmas to us!!!!!

1 comment:

Girly girl said...

OMG you are crazy :)

Carter and Anna always make me walk by the dogs up for adoption on saturdays if we're by there. i always insist no but the day there is a golden i will melt. they are my favorite. we had one when i was younger and he was the best dog.