Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I am sick of being sick!

We get back from a wedding last Sunday. I have my next 2 weeks planned before we go home for Christmas....3 Christmas parties, breakfast with Santa, grocery shop, go to the mall, make my annual Christmas cookies, wrap and then everything in between. Tuesday the kids go to school and I go to get my hair done(way over due) and rush to get outfits to wear to all of these parties. Pick of the kids and all is well. That night Charlie feels very warm......not again please! remember he just got over a week long bout with the stomach flu. The next day he wakes up and complains his mouth hurts. He then runs a fever, drools and can't really talk. Take him to the doctor and he has some virus, not hand foot and mouth which is running rampant in this town right now. He then proceeds to be up every night for the next 3 nights. Wednesday night when I was up with him at 2 I told Chip that I was feeling a bit achy myself. The next day, you guessed it I was laid up with a fever of 102 and throwing up AND taking care of my kids!!!!! While I am dying, we get a call they want to show our house the next day at 1200!!!!!!!! Chip came home at 4 took over and I went to bed. He cleaned the house and took care of the kids. I was pretty much under the weather until Sunday and I finally started feeling better. So at this point we have missed 2 parties, breakfast with Santa and I still have not made it to the grocery store. at one point Chip asked me" Do you have any toilet paper hidden anywhere"......to his surprise, I didn't. Yesterday we start to get a winter storm and I thought to myself, everyone is healthy and can go to school and we will not have it due to weather......I woke up and WE HAD IT!!!!! I finally got to go to the store. We can eat and the kids don't have to wear the same diaper and Chip can have some toilet paper. I am really bummed though we missed the parties and I am not having time to make my cookies that I have for the last 10 years! Sometimes its just better to not be stressed and enjoy the time so that is what I have decided to do. Oh wait I forgot a crucial part....Chip was actually going to get home early last night.... by 5 and on his way home he gets rearended! go figure! soooo MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: