We finally took our first family vacation! When you live away from family like we did for the last 3 years, any time Chip got off we came home. We decided to take a small 4 day Sea World Vacation in Orlando. When people found out we were going to Orlando and not taking our kids to Disney they were appalled! So we decided last minute to go to Disney....we are soooo glad we did and are already planning our next vacation back! It was also the kids first plane ride. I had prepared myself for the worst and they actually both did very well both trips!
At Sea world we went to all the shows and I have to say that Shamu show was not the same because as many of you know they can't get in the water with them any more. We fed sharks, dolphins, stingrays and sea otters. We had dinner at the Shark Grill where we sat by a wall aqaurium with sharks and fish.
Disney was awesome. We met almost all the characters, the kids did surpisingly well. I thought they would be scared, but both of them hugged, kissed and high fived all of them. We rode rides and of course waited in line...not bad though. We saw 2 stars, Michelle Williams and Matilda and Travis Barker. I also ran into a sorority sister of mine from KU waiting in line for Mickey and Minnie. We had lunch with Winnie the Pooh and friends and watched the parade. It was great. Exhausting but super fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We just got back from Daytona! We actually flew into Orlando but were bad parents & skipped the Disney experience completely, just headed straight for the beach. :)
oh i can't wait to take the kids! Can you believe Kevin has never been to Disney World! I've been many times and each is AWESOME!
Post a Comment