Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Long Time No Blog

My husband recently told me that I need to update the blog! For him to even look at it let alone tell me that I have not put an entry in for a long time means I better get on it. I was out of town a week ago. One of my good friends from home lost her husband suddenly and I packed up my 2 kids and 2 dogs and drove home to be with her during this awful time! They were getting ready to celebrate their first wedding anniversary together 3 days later so it was really hard for her and still is! I was very lucky to be able to pick up and count on my wonderful in laws, including my brother-in-law to get my children and dogs and take care of them while I helped Mindy. Uncle Sam even met me and drove 2 hours with the kids and dogs by himself, mind you he is 25, not married and no kids! Both of them screamed the whole way!!!! Its amazing what wonderful friends and family I have!!! I was afraid before to drive 9 1/2 hours by myself with the kids and dogs but I guess the adrenaline got the best of me and they were great both ways and it actually made me realize that I could do it.......if I HAD to! I would not chose to do that again though! After my trip I realized how lucky I am and was very grateful for what I have and loved and appreciated Chip even more than I already did, although I still get mad at him about everyday for something:) Mindy Hang in there and know I am thinking of you and even though I am not there physically I am in spirit and think about you nonstop! Remember you won't get over this but you WILL get thru it!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: